Allscripts and Microsoft Extend Strategic Alliance to Transform Cloud-Based Health IT Solutions
Five-year extension will support Allscripts’ cloud-based Sunrise electronic health record and drive co-innovation
Sunrise is an integrated EHR that connects all aspects of care, including acute, ambulatory, surgical, pharmacy, radiology and laboratory services including an integrated revenue cycle and patient administration system. Sunrise is a clinician-friendly, evidence-based single platform with integrated analytics that helps deliver better health outcomes in hospitals around the world.
Cloud-based Sunrise will offer many added benefits beyond the on-premise version that will improve organizational effectiveness, solution interoperability, clinician ease of use and an improved patient experience. Client benefits include a subscription model delivering faster implementations and lower annual upgrade costs, helping organizations leverage the software without increasing burdens on their internal IT resources. The cloud-based Sunrise solution will provide enhanced security, scalability and flexibility, as well as the opportunity to add new capabilities quickly as business needs and the cloud evolve. The cloud-based solution will also include expanded analytics and insights functionality that can quickly engage with the Internet of Things. Finally, the cloud-based Sunrise solution will include a marketplace that enables healthcare apps and third parties to easily integrate with a hospital EHR.
“The COVID-19 pandemic will forever change how healthcare is delivered, and provider organizations around the world must ensure they are powered by innovative, interoperable, comprehensive and lower-cost IT solutions that meet the demands of our new normal,” said
“Through our strategic alliance with
Microsoft (Nasdaq “MSFT” @microsoft) enables digital transformation for the era of an intelligent cloud and an intelligent edge. Its mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more.
- The information contained in this press release is for informational purposes only. Microsoft makes no warranties, express or implied, in this press release.
- Nothing in this press release modifies any of the terms and conditions of Microsoft’s written and signed agreements. This is not an offer and applicable terms and the information provided is subject to revision and may be changed at any time by Microsoft.
- This press release does not give you or your organization any license to any patents, trademarks, copyrights, or other intellectual property covering the subject matter.
- All processes, tools and functionality described in this press release are proposed.
- The information contained in this press release represents the current view of Microsoft on the issues discussed as of the date of the release. Because Microsoft must respond to changing market conditions, it should not be interpreted to be a commitment on the part of Microsoft, and Microsoft cannot guarantee the accuracy of any information presented after the date of this release.
Microsoft Media Relations,