Allscripts Care Director™ elevates patient results with improved care coordination and analytics
Allscripts Care Director extends the Allscripts Care Management™ suite, enabling true care coordination across all settings: home care, physician practices, hospitals, post-acute care facilities, and community services. The web-based solution can help health organizations by: managing at-risk patients, improving transitions of care, reducing potential readmissions, decreasing redundancies and connecting all care settings. Patient information can be imported directly into Care Director, or pulled from Sunrise Clinical Manager™ or certain other third-party EHR systems via Allscripts Care Management™. Although available to implement as a standalone solution, Care Director's strength lies in its integration with Allscripts Care Management, the widely adopted and proven Care Management system at 900 hospitals nationwide.
"Ensuring successful transitions of care is a huge priority for our organization," said
Improving care collaboration
Care Director is instrumental in achieving the patient results that value-based care will require. Here's how the solution works:
- The health organization's care coordinator enrolls the patient into Allscripts Care Director, reviews clinical information and risk assessment and defines the care team.
- The care coordinator develops additional care plan elements such as education, transportation, counseling and goals.
- The care coordinator shares the care plan with the patient and the care team that facilitates transitions of care and collaboration.
- The care coordinator then assigns owners to the goals and interventions on the plan.
- The care coordinator measures the patient's progress by recording completion progress toward goals.
Allscripts Care Director benefits
- Patient Stratification -- manage high risk, high utilization and chronically ill patients via risk scoring.
- Care Coordination -- coordinate care across care settings using assessments to identify gaps in care, and care plans to track measurable goals and interventions.
- Transitions of Care -- coordinate transitions of care between all care settings including home care, physician practices, post-acute care facilities, community services and hospitals.
- Analytics -- capture and report on data as well as share with analytics tools to measure improvements in the care process and patient outcomes as part of an organization's overall population health management strategy.
"Allscripts Care Director is another building block as we deliver the tools our clients need to succeed in the future world of health care," said
Allscripts (NASDAQ: MDRX) delivers the insights that healthcare providers require to generate world-class outcomes. The company's Electronic Health Record, practice management and other clinical, revenue cycle, connectivity and information solutions create a
Allscripts, the Allscripts logo, and other Allscripts marks are either registered trademarks or trademarks of
This press release contains forward-looking statements within the meaning of the federal securities laws. Statements regarding future events or developments, our future performance, as well as management's expectations, beliefs, intentions, plans, estimates or projections relating to the future are forward-looking statements with the meaning of these laws. These forward-looking statements are subject to a number of risks and uncertainties, some of which are outlined below. As a result, no assurances can be given that any of the events anticipated by the forward-looking statements will transpire or occur, or if any of them do so, what impact they will have on our results of operations or financial condition. Such risks, uncertainties and other factors include, among other things: the possibility that the expected synergies, efficiencies and cost savings of the merger with
Investors: Seth Frank, 312-506-1213, firstname.lastname@example.org , Media: Ariana Nikitas, 312-506-1236, email@example.com , or Claire Weingarden, 312-447-2442, firstname.lastname@example.org