EPSi Releases Covid-19 Planning Analytics Tool
Designed and created for health systems to dynamically forecast and plan for local market COVID-19 conditions leveraging national, state, and county level data along with advanced analytic techniques.
“When we heard that many of our clients were struggling trying to respond to the unprecedented challenges they faced with the COVID-19 pandemic, we partnered with a group of strategic finance and operations leaders in our client base to discuss their analytic requirements and quickly realized there were no off the shelf products that met their needs,” said
“In partnership with our clients, we rapidly designed and rolled out several iterations of the tool,” said
- Current Market Insights – Provides state and county level detail into current COVID-19 cases and deaths, changes over time, and frequency indexed by populous. Also enables the ability to compare growth rates between states, normalized to ‘Day 1’ along with analyze volume and growth rate changes based upon various time periods.
- Case Projections – Leverage multiple forecasting techniques to model out COVID-19 cases, admissions, and patient days by accommodation code. Compare results against bed capacity to determine shortages by accommodation code along with anticipated dates in which capacity is restored to backfill the beds and begin the road to revenue recovery.
- Financial Planning – Project out daily NPSR, cash, expense burn, and ultimately margin for insights into the financial impacts and ramifications of COVID-19 cases.
- Operational Planning – Similarly, project out daily staffing, vent, and PPE needs to ensure adequate planning and resource availability before the surge.
- Arc of the Possible – Study the ‘Arc of the Possible’ to understand the effort required to bring the health system back to financial recovery and the appropriate balance of energy between expense reduction with margin growth efforts.”
“The EPSi COVID-19 Planning Analytics tool is available at no cost to EPSi clients for the next 90 days through generous sponsorships by our partners at AWS and Tableau, who have underwritten the cost of the technology,” said Keiser. All EPSi Clients may access the tool by registering at https://epsi.io/go/covid-19-analytics/
About EPSi EPSi is the industry leader in integrated healthcare decision analytics, budgeting, and planning solutions. More than 1,000 hospitals in the
For more information, contact: